The Cleveland Humanities Collaborative (CHC) is a partnership between Cuyahoga Community College and Case Western Reserve University to promote Tri-C student transfer to CWRU to pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in any of CWRU’s humanities fields. The CHC’s mission is to support student academic progress towards transfer to CWRU, strengthen faculty collaborations, and promote the humanities in northeastern Ohio.
The CHC strengthens faculty engagement by:
- Fostering relationships between Tri-C and CWRU faculty through sponsored seminars, activities, and collaborations
- Providing access to special programming with renowned humanities speakers and scholars
- Promoting co-taught classes by Tri-C and CWRU faculty
Tri-C faculty can get involved with the CHC by:
- Scheduling a time for CHC leadership to visit your class
- Encouraging your students to attend CHC events
- Recommending students in your class who may be a good fit for the CHC program
- All students may attend CHC events whether or not they intend to transfer to CWRU.
- Faculty may encourage participation early on in the student’s career.
- Faculty may put interested students in touch with campus CHC mentors and encourage students to visit the Transfer Connection Center as early in their career as possible.
- Eligible students will be on track to complete their associate’s degree; must intend to major in a humanities field at CWRU; and have a 3.2 cumulative grade point average.
- Students must apply for admission to CWRU and to be a CHC Scholar by March 15 of the year of transfer.
CWRU faculty can get involved with the CHC by:
- Offering to host visiting Tri-C students in your classes
- Guest lecturing in Tri-C classes
- Encouraging your students to attend CHC events at Tri-C and CWRU
- Participating in CHC events and faculty activities
Tri-C CHC students will have:
- A dedicated CHC faculty mentor
- CHC counselors familiar with the program and advising
- Personalized transfer guidance to maximize credit transfer
- Scholarship opportunities to complete the Associate of Arts degree
- Comprehensive financial aid advising that bridges both institutions
CWRU CHC Scholars will have:
- A financial aid package that will make a CWRU education possible
- A summer academic program that bridges the transition to CWRU that includes a $3000 stipend
- CHC academic mentoring and advising throughout their CWRU career
- Access to special programs that include classes and events at University Circle institutions
- Up to $5000 in summer support for independent research anywhere in the world
- Humanities-based work-study opportunities
- Email: CHC@tri-c.edu
- Visit: chc.case.edu
- Tri-C Transfer Connection Center: 216-987-3841