The Cleveland Humanities Collaborative (CHC) is a partnership between Cuyahoga Community College and Case Western Reserve University to promote Tri-C student transfer to CWRU to pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in any of CWRU’s humanities fields. The CHC’s mission is to support student academic progress towards transfer to CWRU, strengthen faculty collaborations, and promote the humanities in northeastern Ohio.
A Tri-C CHC student will have:
- A dedicated CHC faculty mentor
- Tri-C counselors familiar with the program and advising
- Access to a Tri-C→CWRU Transfer Guide to maximize credit transfer
- Opportunities to take courses at CWRU while paying Tri-C tuition
- Special programming with renowned humanities speakers and scholars
- Scholarship opportunities to complete the associate’s degree
- Personalized transfer guidance
- Comprehensive financial aid advising that bridges both institutions
A CWRU CHC Scholar will have:
- A financial aid package that will make a CWRU education possible
- A summer academic program that bridges the transition to CWRU that includes a $3000 stipend
- CHC academic mentoring and advising throughout CWRU career
- Access to special programs that include classes and events at University Circle institutions
- Up to $5000 in summer support for independent research anywhere in the world
- Humanities-based work-study opportunities
- Ongoing career counseling
- All Tri-C students are welcome to participate in CHC-sponsored programs.
- Students must intend to major in a humanities field at CWRU.
- Tri-C students can declare their interest at any time and be eligible for all CHC activities.
- Tri-C students with a 3.2 cumulative grade point average who are on track to complete their associate’s degree may apply for admission to CWRU and to be a CHC Scholar by March 15 of the year of transfer.
- Email: CHC@tri-c.edu
- Visit: chc.case.edu
- Tri-C Transfer Connection Center: 216-987-3841