The Cleveland Humanities Collaborative (CHC) is a partnership between Cuyahoga Community College and Case Western Reserve University to promote Tri-C student transfer to CWRU to pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in any of CWRU’s humanities fields. The CHC’s mission is to support student academic progress towards transfer to CWRU, strengthen faculty collaborations, and promote the humanities in northeastern Ohio.
A Tri-C CHC student will have access to:
- Dedicated faculty mentors, a CHC student adviser, and a CHC counselor
- Access to a Tri-C→CWRU Transfer Guide to maximize credit transfer
- Opportunities to take one or two courses per semester at CWRU while still at Tri-C
- Renowned humanities speakers and scholars
- Specialized programs that prepare you to study at a selective four-year university
- CHC Campus Day tours at CWRU
- Comprehensive financial aid advising that bridges both institutions
A CWRU CHC Scholar will have access to:
- A financial aid package that will make a CWRU education possible
- A bridge program that prepares you for CWRU and includes a stipend
- A cohort of like-minded students
- CHC academic mentoring and advising
- University Circle institutions and special campus programs
- Opportunities for funding to support unpaid internships or local or international research projects
- Ongoing career counseling
- All Tri-C students are welcome to participate in CHC-sponsored programs.
- Students must intend to major in a humanities field at CWRU.
- Tri-C students can declare their interest at any time and be eligible for all CHC activities.
- Tri-C students with a 3.2 cumulative grade point average who are on track to complete their associate’s degree may apply for admission to CWRU and to be a CHC Scholar by March 15 of the year of transfer.